What Causes Bowed Basement Wall
- Hydrostatic Pressure-Soils become saturated with ground water. The soil swells and creates pressure against the foundation. Cracks are created. Over time these increase in size. Eventually the structural integrity of the wall is compromised. Once that happens, the wall begins to bow. If the wall is made of concrete block, this can even cause shearing at the top and bottom. The Rhino Carbon Fiber Wall System will stop this bowing.
- Tree Roots-Large trees can grow big roots that push against the wall and cause it to fail.
- Age-Changes in the soil over the lifetime of the foundation can cause it to fail.
- Settling-Your foundation may not be able to withstand the weight of the structure.
- Poor Building Process-At the time of construction the basement walls may hve not been adequately constructed.